torsdag 16. september 2010

Assignments week 37


I’m going to start with telling a little something about myself and my surroundings. So, here it goes. My name is Oda and I’m 16 years old. When I was in 5th grade, or 10 years old, my father was offered a new job he couldn’t turn down, so we moved from my hometown Bergen to the city of opportunities, Trondheim. It was pretty nerve-racking to me and my younger sisters at first, but now I’m happy we did it. I’ve made a lot of new friends here and now I’m almost speaking their dialect (!) I’m not pursuing any kind of sport or attending any social groups, and I don’t have any hobbies worth mention. I’m just enjoying what life has to offer at the moment.

English affects and influences me in many different ways in my every-day life. If I had the choice, I would rather have learned English instead of Norwegian, because it’s such a global and worldwide language. English is affecting my life more than I could think of. When I turn on the computer, the TV, the radio or flip through a magazine, the English language is always there. I mean; what’s the point of listening to a song with English lyrics if we couldn’t understand the message? I’m glad the movies and the TV-shows outside Scandinavia aren’t being translated into the country’s language like Germany, Italy and France often do! That’s just sad to watch.    

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar