torsdag 21. oktober 2010

Travel Diary Day 1


Friday 13th of February

Dear diary
I found myself standing among thousands of busy people at The Los Angeles International Airport in California, America, this morning. It felt like the entire world populations were surrounding me. Strangely enough I found out afterwards that the airport was the sixth busiest in the world! The huge masses of people were doing everything from saying goodbye to their beloved ones to taking care of business deals through their Blackberrys or Iphones. I just wanted to get a glint of my luggage, but it was nowhere to be found. Panic hit me when all of the European people from the same airplane started to roll away from the gate with their luggage. The band was empty, so I therefore ran zigzag between thousands of people desperately looking for the information counter. On my way I saw big posters of well-known celebrities. Angelina Jolie was posing almost naked with a perfume in her hand next to a handsome man. Who knew she grew up in LA?

Map showing Los Angeles


The colored woman in the counter asked me all sorts of questions while polishing her nails with a nail file. The looks she gave me really got on my nerves, so I quickly found something else to look at. “What to do in Los Angeles, California”, I read inside me. A flag on the front-page caught my sight. I saw 50 stars in the left corner and a lot of red and white stripes. The subtitle was “Stars and Stripes”. When I turned the first page, I actually found it quite interesting to read about the American flag. Each and every star represents a state, and the stripes symbolize the 13 first states in America. I decided to bring the information map with me. Then the lady in the counter confirmed that my luggage was missing. What a lovely surprise! I wonder if the date of today has anything to do with it.

Stars and Stripes
Sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar