mandag 25. oktober 2010

Travel Diary Day 2

Saturday 14th of February

Dear Diary
The rain was pouring down this morning. Luckily I had placed the umbrella in my purse instead of in the other luggage, which hasn’t arrived yet. I wanted to prepare myself, so I logged on internet and found out that the average temperature in Los Angeles in February was 19 degrees! Well, thanks to the people who lost my luggage, I’m not prepared. This sort of climate is something I’m not used to at all. It’s probably snowing back in Norway right now. I also found out that there are 3.83 million people living in this 1,290.6 km2 big city. That makes it the second most populous city in the United States. On Wikipedia I typed the city and read that Los Angeles was officially founded on September 4th, 1781, by the Spanish governor Felipe de Neve.
I am staying at The Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza, which I’m already in love with. But the breakfast was nothing to brag about. The orange juice tasted like old soda without bubbles and the food was just like I had seen it on TV, containing a lot of unhealthy fat and calories. I gave the thick pancakes a try, without changing my opinion about it, though. 

The rest of the day went to “some” shopping and sightseeing. I have to admit that the shopping part went a little bit out of control. But the stores, the service and the clothes and shoes were all so marvelous. Still, I can’t wait for this wonderful day to end, mostly because I’m finally going to Disneyland tomorrow!
Los Angeles, CA





Map showing Disneyland

Sleep tight, but don't let the bed bugs bite.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar