onsdag 27. oktober 2010

Travel Diary Day 3


Sunday 15th of February

Dear Diary
Considering the fact that I walked around for several hours in this big city yesterday, with shoes costing less than 500 NOK, it’s not hard to figure out that my heels pretty much got attacked by huge galls. Of course my feet hurt yesterday, when I was actually walking, but I first realized how ugly the wounds really were when I got back to the hotel. And that certainly didn’t help. The whole day I’ve been walking around in the only pair of shoes I brought that didn’t gnaw, Uggs. Since the shoes are stuffed with thick wool, I was sweating throughout the whole day in Disney Land. Not the most pleasant experience, but I still had fun. It was like entering another world filled with imaginary friends and roller-coasters. I especially liked “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror”, which made both me and my stomach scream. It had to be the longest 2 minutes of my life. The attraction contained a haunted elevator which raised and fell at a terrifying speed, over and over again.  As the hours went by, I settled down at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill for some delicious chicken tacos.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Suddenly the clock passed closing time and I had to leave like everybody else. Back at the hotel room, I picked up the paper, The Los Angeles Daily News, from the floor and read the first page; “Original Darth Vader costume up for sale in London”. Under the article’s picture the text was; “LONDON – The force can be with you – for a price”. I found it kind of funny, that people are actually willing to pay between 250,000$ to 365,000$ (in NOK that will be between 1, 5 million crones to 2, 1 million) for a used costume!

Darth Vader costume
 I forgot to tell you that I got my luggage back this afternoon. The feeling of putting my make-up on after 3 days without it was amazing. Now I can enjoy the remaining 5 days without having any other worries on my mind. 
Sleep tight, but don't let the bed bugs bite.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar